Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So I am fast approaching my 1st year "anniversary", my breast cancer anniversary. I have such mixed feelings.. I can't believe it's been a year, I can't believe this happened to me and my family, I can't believe the ups and downs of my surgery and treatment. I am humbled by all the love and help I received, I am grateful I found it when I did, I am beyond pissed that it was there in the first place, I am so glad MD Anderson was here for me.
And I can't believe it, I am fundraising for the SECOND time for Komen!!!! Last October I walked 6 days after my first Chemo. I was dizzy, sick, medicated into a stupor and shy! Yes, shy. I did not feel like a survivor, I didn't feel like I was in the club, I was sort of embarrassed to be calling myself a Survivor... Like I didn't really have cancer, or not really "bad cancer"....
Now I kind of giggle at myself. You better believe I will line up for that survivor parade and get me some applause! I will plaster "survivor" on every inch of my body, I will shamelessly work that angle to get donations. I owe a lot to Komen, being able to choose what surgical treatment I felt was best for me, having effective chemo, insurance paying for my reconstruction, being treated like a person with cancer, not a cancer patient. Now it's my turn to give back, to make the treatment I got look primitive because we eliminate breast cancer, or because the treatments are so effective and so good they essentially cure it...
With your help we can do it!!!!
Donate today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment