Thursday, May 19, 2011

images from my last chemo, to remind me how far I have already come






Just wanted to share some pics of my last chemo. I was in the van, really really wanting to be anywhere else. ANYWHERE. ELSE. Dave, as always was my rock, got me in the van and into MD Anderson. It still shocks me when I see myself, I am still harboring some small bits of denial, even almost a year later.
Funny huh?
So one of my motivations for fundraising for Komen is the strong hope that maybe someday noone will have to go to chemo. Because there will be no more breast cancer.

No more missed first days of school for any more moms. I think missing Avery's first day of 5th grade because I had just had my mastectomy was one of the worst moments of the whole mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment