Friday, June 3, 2011

too much pink???

So I just reread Nancy Brinker's book, "Promise Me". She makes a comment towards the end about being accused of 'pinkwashing', essentially trivializing BC...
Well I have been mulling that over.
And I have come to this conclusion for me. Breast cancer robs a woman of her natural comfort and understanding of having breasts. Breasts are life giving, fun and decorative. They symbolize becoming a woman, sexiness, fertility... womaness.... if you will... breast cancer makes one of your essential womanly features murderous. like a betrayal.... Add in baldness from chemo and you have one desexed, neutered feeling gal. no breasts, no hair, why don't you just sew my vagina shut! but NO!!!!!! I am a WARRIOR, I am a real GIRL!
so the PINK for me is life affirming, I am still a woman, I am still girly, I can be sexy, sassy, femine, a REAL GIRL. I am sparkly, pink and (hopefuly) PRETTY. PINK ROCKS and anyone who doesn't like it, BOOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment